Thursday, October 7, 2010

PSYCHO!!!

Psycho
American Psychological Thriller

1960
Directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Janet Leigh stars as Marion Crane. Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates.

Marion Crane steals $40,000 to marry her boyfriend. On the way, she stops in at a Motel, and talks to the owner. Norman Bates is strange, and aggressive. She returns to her room to take a shower. Someone goes in and kills her in the shower. Norman cleans up the scene. A PI comes to the motel looking for Marion. He asks some questions and Norman acts strange, so the PI calls Marion's sister (Lila) and tells her what he found. The PI goes into Norman's house to talk with his mother, but he is killed. Lila is worried about the PI and she and Sam go to the motel. When they get there they get a room and Norman acts strange so Lila and Sam trick Norman and Lila goes in search of the mother. She is almost killed but Sam saves her from Norman who is dressed up as a old lady.

I would give this movie a 4 and a 1/2 out of five stars!!! I really enjoyed this movie.
I really liked the plot of this movie. It was cool to get to see the first thriller movie. I like older movies and I think this movie was done very well.



Quotes!!!

"Hate the smell of dampness, don't you? It's such a, I don't know, creepy smell." ---Norman
"It's sad, when a mother has to speak the words that condemn her own son. But I couldn't allow them to believe that I would commit murder. They'll put him away now, as I should have years ago. He was always bad, and in the end he intended to tell them I killed those girls and that man... as if I could do anything but just sit and stare, like one of his stuffed birds. They know I can't move a finger, and I won't. I'll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do... suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..." ---Norma Bates
"She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?" ---Norman
"I can handle a sick old woman!" --- Lila Crane 



Thanks to:
http://www.poemofquotes.com/quotes/movies/psycho.php

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054215/quotes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psycho_(film)

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I suggest you weave the plot with the quotes. Put your personal voice in the first paragraph. Make it a full review woven together.
    Thanks...SWM

    ReplyDelete